Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Chillin' With My H4n, Tellin' Jokes

Finally got my Zoom H4n in the mail the other day and I've been having a blast with it. It's a small digital recording gizmo with two built-in condenser mics and two mic inputs. You also probably noticed it's sporting a wicked hair-do. That's a black Redhead Windscreen that I also got from many recommendations from fellow audio friends. It does an amazing job at eliminating wind noise while out in the field.

I spent the afternoon at the park recording various noises like kids on scooters and throwing rocks at trashcans. People probably thought that I was some hoodlum or something. I also got some pretty awesome quacks from the local ducks at the lake! Which reminds me of a good joke a friend told me:

A duck walks into a bar and the bartender asks, "Whadya have?"

The duck asks, "Got any grapes?"

The bartender yells, "We don't have grapes here, only drinks, now get out!"

The duck hops off the stool and waddles out.

The next day, the same duck walks back into the bar and asks the bartender, "Got any grapes?"

Irritated, the bartender yells, "I told you yesterday we don't serve grapes, only drinks, now get out!" So the ducks walks back out.

Sure enough, the very next day, the duck walks into the same bar and asks the bartender, "Got any grapes?"

Infuriated, the bartender pounds his fist on the bar and screams, "I told you two times we don't serve grapes, we serve drinks! If you ask me ONE MORE TIME I'm going to nail your beak to the wall! Now GET OUT!"

The duck shrugs and walks out of the bar.

The next day, the same duck walks back into the bar and asks the bartender, "Got any nails?"

The bartender looks at him and says no. So the ducks asks, "Got any grapes?"

May we all be as persistent as that duck is when it comes to what we want in life. I know I will be;)

No comments:

Post a Comment